AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The WABBIT

FORUMS was down.

Sorry, that I had not checked in for over a 9 days.

As I attempt to check on the Forums at 7:25 AM [UTC-6]. I find that the Forums was down, do to some script error. Is what I kept getting when I attempted to look at any page. Logging into the Admin Control page, showed that there was an error with on specific maintenance script.

This lead me to see if changing it from being run one way to another would fix the problem. Of course it did not, but it did allow a more meaningful error message to show up on the Forums main page that I was trying to view.

Some how, earlier today, one of the Forums' DB Tables had crashed. So, I fired up the old trusty phpMyAdmin, provided by the Site Host, backed-up the DB. Then repaired the DB Table in question.

As soon as I finish this post and it looks like everything should be fine. I'll do another backup of the Forums' DB.

I thought it was my end. when I logged on, I just hit the Actool forum link top left of page and everything worked.

Sorry I did not report it.

It was down with the internal error, then it was up, then the next day was down, and stayed down until you fixed it.

Well, the problem was with the Sessions table of the DB. It had about 712 entries and all of them had some form of corruption. The Sessions table handles keeping track of individual member login sessions. So, there was not real data loss.

Prior to my trying to access the forums. There was one member, according the the logs that was able to access the forums. That person had done so about 4+hrs prior to my attempt. And then there was Ego, sometime prior to even that person.

I clicked on the Actool forum link, top left of page, every time I checked the forums. About 2 to 3 times a day.

Had 2 errors one was a message about a database being corrupt and the other was 400 error (i think).

Clicking on the link cleared the messages and allowed me to browse the forums. Thought it was my end as it was usable. Weird.