AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
damantio

Three key combination

Hello.

I need to launch a program and resize it to fullscreen, so the combination that i need is WIN+ArrowKeyUp.

Actool doesn't have a special keystroke for the WIndows key, so i use ^{ESC} for that.

But then i need to use {UP}, too, but i don't know how to combine three keys.

Thanks in advance

6 hours ago, damantio said:

Hello.

I need to launch a program and resize it to fullscreen, so the combination that i need is WIN+ArrowKeyUp.

Actool doesn't have a special keystroke for the WIndows key, so i use ^{ESC} for that.

Thanks in advance

You can't if I remember correctly as I ran into this issue as well and I had to make my own backend for ACTool.  Eventually I eliminated ACTool, and went completely with my program, but this was about 15 years ago now.

On 1/18/2022 at 3:54 AM, damantio said:

Hello.

Thanks in advance

First of all, are you actually talking about making the program Full Screen? Or are you talking about Maximizing the program's window?

There is a difference between the two.

1. Making the program full screen means that the program takes up the whole screen. There is no window Title bar, and no window borders (if any), and windows taskbar is not present.
  2. Maximizing the program's window will have the window Title bar, and window borders (if any), and the Windows taskbar will be present (provided you did not set the taskbar to auto-hide).

And, depending on what you actually want to do with the program. There is a couple of problems:

• The WinKey + Up Arrow will Maximize the currently active window. It does not make the program Full Screen.
  • The Ctrl+Esc is a good alternative to just pressing the WinKey. But, it will not work with any of the WinKey+key shortcuts. All it does is bring up the Start Menu.

So, if you actually want to make the program Full Screen. Then what you actually need to do is use the Alt+Return (or Enter) shortcut. This will cause the program to become Full Screen provided that the program was created to be Full Screen.

Or if you actually want to maximize the program's window. Then there is actually two ways of doing this.

1. Use the Alt+Space shortcut to bring up the window's sub-menu and then press x to maximize the window. (Alt+Space+x) Some programs/games may interfere with the Alt+Space shortcut.
  2. Use the program's taskbar icon to maximize the window. You do this by first hovering over the program's taskbar icon. Wait for the preview of the program's window to popup. Move the mouse to hover over the program's window preview. Right click on the preview. And then select Maximize

There you go an answer to your problem.