AC Tool Forums

Update:

Okay after testing v0.4.2 and trying to find Divide's own icon. I had found a few issues.

1. I fixed the issue of using SetActiveWindow causing Divide's Maximized window, and quite possibly others, to return to Normal window state.
  2. I fixed a problem/error with the CreateObject that I had fond. And in the process made it better with code that I was working on for the next version.
  3. And I think that I found what the problem is with the IsObject. And I have corrected it. Well, I think I did anyways.

Now, I have to ask you do some for me. I need you to run your test code, from before, for a test. (Actually, I need to do two tests.) And yes, I do need you to perform the tests in the version of Divide that you have.

The first test:

1. Once Divide is running, load in, or type in, the script from before.
  2. From the menu select Script > Test Mode and click on Save Bitmaps from Color Commands. If you were to look at this option again, it should be checked.
  3. Run your script as it. Don't worry if Divide is not Maximized.
  4. Go to the directory that you have Divide installed in.
  5. In this directory, there should be a bmp file with the name of d_screen.bmp (or d_screen if you can't see file extensions). I need you to look at this image.
    • In Windows 7 you can view the image by Right-clicking on it, and selecting Preview.
    • I am not sure on how to do it in Windows 8.x or 10.
  6. Examine Divide's window in the image. Does the window look okay? Do you see everything for the window? Including it's borders around the window?
  7. Jot down what problems, if any, that you see.

The second test:

1. Keeping the window with the d_screen.bmp image open. Maximize Divide's window.
  2. Run your script again.
  3. Return Divide's window to normal.
  4. Bring the window showing d_screen.bmp.
  5. Examine Divide's window in the image. Does the window look okay? Do you see everything for the window? Including it's borders around the window?

At this point, I need you to tell me what problems, if any, that you have seen in the image for both tests. You do not need to post the image. Just describe to me what you see.

It shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to do this.

I'll be logged into the forums until about 1AM MTD (UTC -6) tonite. So, I'll be available until then.

Okay, try this. with Divide opened and not Maximized. resize the window so that it is not full screen. The redo the test and see if you can see a difference. And go ahead and post the full image here.

Printscreen made by me:image.png

divScreen opened with paint

image.png

I see no difference.

I made anoother test: I ran my actool to find the scroll icon in divide screen in full screen mode, it found it. then I ran the same code in divide using the fast click to keep it in full screen, and checked the divScreen file, they looked the same
, but I displayed the divscreen in slideshow mode and ran the actool to find the scroll icon in the slideshow image it found it! Then I did the same with divide in non a fullscreen mode, ran actool and found it in both. The image made by divide seems to be perfect. But the object is not found by that previous divide code.

are those test being done with Divide's window being smaller than the full screen? And is the image from the d_screen.bmp or from a screen capture of the window only, from another program?

are those test being done with Divide's window being smaller than the full screen?

Both: full screen and smaller than fullscreen. The image was perfect in both tests.

And is the image from the d_screen.bmp or from a screen capture of the window only, from another program? 

From d_screen.bmp,  no other program, just opened the d_screen.bmp (divScreen).

Edited by minimx

@minimx Ok, I not sure as to why your DivObject definition, that you had created from the AC Tool Object definition, is not working. I don't know if it is because of the coordinates being used. Or if  values that is being used for the test. But, I can say that after looking at a screen shot in Object Mapper 2. I was not able to find any of the values, in the exact same series, that you have in your test script for any portion of the Icon for Divide.

So, from that point of view. You'll have to recreate the DivObject definition to look for Divide's Icon.

So, plz check your PM as I sent you one.