AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
minimx

Ac tool clock broken?

Hi everyone!

When my macro is running It doens't update it's time. Is there a command for that, am I doing something wrong? TImestamp time is updating correctly

Ty!

Edited by minimx

What clock?

The macro helps if you want it to be checked.

Below is a snippet from a macro that I use in a game, reboots at 0315 to ensure game is logged for the gifts we get in-game at 0330 my time.

Hope it helps you.

procedure time
  delay .2 sec
  FormatDateTime Time = {now}, hh:nn
  if $Time = 03:15
    timestamp $time
    call reboot
    End
End

There is no command to update the time in the status bar of AC Tool. AC Tool automatically updates the time by asking Windows for the current time, it does this once a second.

In order to run AC Tool v5.4.0 in Windows 7, and newer, properly. You have to run AC Tool with Admin rights. It is always best to edit the shortcut's properties. To run AC Tool as Administrator.

Now if running AC Tool with Admin rights does not seem to fix the issue. Then it comes down to either you have a bad installation of AC Tool. Or there is something else in the background keeping AC Tool from getting the current time from Windows.

I always use AC Tools to 5.51 running as adm, I have both because the help of my AC Tools to 5.51  doesn't work and I use the 5.4 help that works. My macro runs for hours without changing that time. It updates after it is stopped. But the strange thing it that the timestamp time in testlog is perfect.

Just tried opening the AC tool 5.51 as adm and got the same results.

TY!image.png

Thank you so much Ego, that worked to fix my help in 5.5!!

The Wabbit, the code written  in the image previously posted. Ty

Edited by minimx

First, if you are using AC Tool v5.5.1 then you do not want actool.chm from AC Tool v5.4.0. As the Help file provided with AC Tool v5.4.0 is out of date for v5.5.1.

Second, All you state is that it doesn't work. You don't state in what way it doesn't work. So, copying the actool.chm from AC Tool v5.4.0 and overwriting the actool.chm in AC Tool v5.5.1 will work. But, just as I had already pointed out. It does not have the information that the Help file provided with v5.5.1. And it doesn't fix the original problem.

So, one problem at a time.

And no, the test script that you used for the last image is not the same script that you happen to use in the first image.

I want that script code, not an image of the code.

But don't worry about the code. After looking at the source code for AC Tool running my own test code.

There is nothing wrong with AC Tool or the time that is being displayed on the statusbar. What you are seeing would be called normal behavior. When your script is currently running, the time being displayed will stop updating. And then once the script stops running it should update.

Could this be fixed to display the correct time all the time? Yes.

But, it would require me to rewrite AC Tool from the ground up to use multi-threading techniques.

With that in mind, you will just have to live with the displayed time not being updated when running your scripts.

You are right The Wabbit, my main code wasnt'´t working while using time variables. I thought it was because of that clock, but I did a test and the variables worked... so there must be a previous error. Thank you guys so much!

@minimx Post your code here, and not an image of it, and we will help you find your problem and suggest a fix for the problem.

But, we can not help you without your code.

On 8/15/2020 at 3:22 AM, minimx said:

You are right The Wabbit, my main code wasnt'´t working while using time variables. I thought it was because of that clock, but I did a test and the variables worked... so there must be a previous error. Thank you guys so much!

Did you solve it? Can you post the code? 

@Hicke1967 I'm sorry, but unfortunataly that is how some of the younger ones are. They expect complete and total help. But, refuse to give you what you need to actually help them. So, I would not expect andy code from @minimx . As he really didn't give us anything to work with.