AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The WABBIT

Update to Terms of Use

I have updated the Terms of Use Policy. It now contains the following:

All new accounts on this bulletin board must have a user name that is not derived from, or contain, the name of any company, organization, program/application/app/game, some other entity, or any registered/copyrighted name unless you are the owner of said name. This specifically includes AC Tool, ac-tool, ac-tool.com, or any derived form of AC Tool.

All new accounts on this bulletin board must use a email address does not derive from, or contain, the name of any company, organization, program/application/app/game, some other entity, or any registered/copyrighted name unless you are the owner of said name. This specifically includes AC Tool, ac-tool, ac-tool.com, or any derived form of AC Tool.

With this change I have set that all users must agree to the new Terms of User & Privacy Policies.

For those members that maybe in violation of this new Terms of Use. I will give a grace period of 30 days, from November 3, 2019, to update their email address and/or contact me by PM with the user name you wish to use. So that I may change it.

I will also be sending an email to any user that I find to be currently in violation of this new Terms of Use policy. Notifying the Member of the change in policy and that they have until December 3, 2019 to change their email address or contact me with a new user name.

Any such account found to have an email address that is non-active, or False, will have the user's account immediately banned.

After December 3, 2019, any member account that was created on, or prior, to November 3, 2019 that is still in violation of the Terms of Use. Will have their accounts locked. And the deleted after 60 days, to allow the user a chance to contact me.

All new accounts created after November 3, 2019 to be in violation of the user name and email portion of the Terms of Use policy will be immediately banned.

I understand that many people want to have a username, or to use an email address, derived from their favorite game/program/etc. But, with the current climate of any entity suing, or even sending a Cease and Desist letter, to any body using, or site where the use of, their registered/copyrighted names/material. Or anything else they happen to think is wrongful towards them. And I believe this to be petty. But, it is their right to do so.

I also know that with this site and forums being very small potatoes to such people, companies, etc. That the chances of them even taking notice of our members using such names and/or email addresses are very slime. But, I personally do not, and can not, take the chance that such people/companies/etc doing so. And I sure that our members and users of AC Tool would not want this site to be removed for such pettiness.

I hope that our members, and users, understand this.

The WABBIT