AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The WABBIT

Divide Beta is released!!!

Okay, everyone the first beta test of Divide has been released. At this time only certain people have access to it. And you will know if you are one of them when you log into the forums.

So, those that wish to be a tester may leave a reply here as an application to that effect.

Please tell me what experience, if any, you have with Alpha/Beta testing you have with any software that is game and non-game related. And please list the software's name with approx dates you tested for the software.

1. Any programming experience. I am looking for some one that has experience in  programming in Delphi. But, any experience in C++ or Pascal will do.
  2. Must have experience doing Alpha, and/or 1st Closed Beta, testing of software. Please list the name of the software along with the approx dates (like month and year) you where a tester. Even though Divide is mainly created for the scripting of games. It is not a game, and can be used for the scripting of non-gaming software. So, I really want someone that has experience in testing both non-gaming and gaming software.
  3. OS version. ie Windows 7/8/8.1/10 .
  4. OS bit version. ie 32-bit or 64-bit
  5. You willingness to test Divide on any program or game that your fellow testers are testing it on. This is so that you can help verify the possibility of the bug reported.
  6. Your acceptance that all bug reports will be performed in a specific outlined way. And any deviation from the outlined bug reporting will result in your removal from the testing.

Would love to try this.  Could use the functionality of the enhanced setactivewindow command to pull the game/program's PID.

1.  Programming work experience:  COBOL, CSIS, SQL, Visual Basic and Java in the late 90's and early 2000's.  HTML, PHP, JSP, Javascript and ColdFusion around 2005-2012.  Still mess around with it occasionally.

Messed around with Visual Basic .NET, Perl & Ruby.

The only gaming experience that I have is with LUA files for WoW.

Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, Essbase and MS Access

Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Bash, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Borland J Builder, Alphablox, Cognos Impromptu and PowerPlay and InstallShield

2.  I did Y2K testing of the MS Office suite for Warner-Lambert.  Should be obvious when I did that.  :P  

Then I wrote test plans for in-house applications for Merck.

3.  OS Versions:  Windows 3 - Windows 10

4.  OS Bit Versions:  32-bit - Windows 3 - Windows Vista

64-bit - Windows 7 - Windows 10

5.  More than happy to help test.

6.  Well-versed in the software development life cycle and will follow all quality assurance testing rules and guidelines that are provided.

Oh cool I saw you refer to Divide but I only now realize its the next version you are working on. So is it safe to assume that it will have the same language syntax as AC Tool or close to it? I would like to give it a try if I can, and see if it gets around my 'LeftClick Shift' problem.

Would love to try this.  Could use the functionality of the enhanced setactivewindow command to pull the game/program's PID.

1.  Programming work experience:  COBOL, CSIS, SQL, Visual Basic and Java in the late 90's and early 2000's.  HTML, PHP, JSP, Javascript and ColdFusion around 2005-2012.  Still mess around with it occasionally.

Messed around with Visual Basic .NET, Perl & Ruby.

The only gaming experience that I have is with LUA files for WoW.

Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, Essbase and MS Access

Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Bash, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Borland J Builder, Alphablox, Cognos Impromptu and PowerPlay and InstallShield

2.  I did Y2K testing of the MS Office suite for Warner-Lambert.  Should be obvious when I did that.  :P  

Then I wrote test plans for in-house applications for Merck.

3.  OS Versions:  Windows 3 - Windows 10

4.  OS Bit Versions:  32-bit - Windows 3 - Windows Vista

64-bit - Windows 7 - Windows 10

5.  More than happy to help test.

6.  Well-versed in the software development life cycle and will follow all quality assurance testing rules and guidelines that are provided.

It is currently going to use a Pascal/Delphi like language which is much better than the current custom language AC Tool uses. In the future I may setup up Divide to allow for scripts to be made with a Visual Basic like language. But, right know the Pascal/Delphi is what I am working on until it is released.