Sign in to follow this  
marcos

Keys {BACK} does not work with EverQuest I, but works with E

Hello everyone, I'm using AC Tool 5.51 and the command "Keys {BACK}" works in all applications except for EverQuest I. I've tested in Notepad++ and even EverQuest II, they both work as intended. Only in EverQuest I will {BACK} not work.

Take this simple script:

MousePos 1111, 615
Keys /
Keys 1
Keys 2
Keys 3
Delay 1000
Keys {BACK}
Keys 4

In EverQuest II (and Notepad ++) this script will start a "chat" command with "/", then type 123, pause a bit, then delete the 3, and type 4. In EverQuest I, the 3 doesn't get deleted. The test log shows the command is being called and there are no errors. There are no in game keybindings to BACKSPACE and pressing the BACKSPACE key during the delay works. I've tried KeyDown {BACK} 0.5 sec with the same results. I've searched the forums for "back not working", EverQuest scripts, Specialkeys and haven't found any fixes. I've read through other macros to see if there is another way to call {BACK} but haven't found any.

Other special keys work, @o will open the options window as if I pressed ALT+o. {RETURN}, {SPACE} Also works. I've tested a few other special keystrokes and it's been hit and miss on which ones work or don't work.

I'm using {BACK} as a workaround for not being able to "control leftclick" to pick up 1 item from a stack of items. I've tried ^LeftClick but that isn't a legal command. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sounds like a problem I had with Ace Online. I put in a  'commanddelay 150' so the keys would register in-game.

I experimented with the milliseconds till I found how low I could go for the keys to register.

Only a suggestion. You never know.

Side note,

Can you just type  

keys /

keys 4

and

have you looked at the say command?

Hello everyone, I'm using AC Tool 5.51 and the command "Keys {BACK}" works in all applications except for EverQuest I. I've tested in Notepad++ and even EverQuest II, they both work as intended. Only in EverQuest I will {BACK} not work.

Take this simple script:

MousePos 1111, 615

Keys /

Keys 1

Keys 2

Keys 3

Delay 1000

Keys {BACK}

Keys 4

In EverQuest II (and Notepad ++) this script will start a "chat" command with "/", then type 123, pause a bit, then delete the 3, and type 4. In EverQuest I, the 3 doesn't get deleted. The test log shows the command is being called and there are no errors. There are no in game keybindings to BACKSPACE and pressing the BACKSPACE key during the delay works. I've tried KeyDown {BACK} 0.5 sec with the same results. I've searched the forums for "back not working", EverQuest scripts, Specialkeys and haven't found any fixes. I've read through other macros to see if there is another way to call {BACK} but haven't found any.

Other special keys work, @o will open the options window as if I pressed ALT+o. {RETURN}, {SPACE} Also works. I've tested a few other special keystrokes and it's been hit and miss on which ones work or don't work.

I'm using {BACK} as a workaround for not being able to "control leftclick" to pick up 1 item from a stack of items. I've tried ^LeftClick but that isn't a legal command. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi i'm glad that you are using AC Tool. I have not seen this before. but if it is working in other programs and games. then there is a problem with the game receiving the key. The suggested work around that Ego has suggested may work.

Now, as for the using the LeftClick with the Ctrl key. Here is another undocumented feature of AC Tools. The original source code for AC Tool has the option to use the LeftClick, LeftMouseDown, LeftMouseUp, RightClick, RightMouseDown,  RightMouseUp commands with the ability to use the Alt, Ctrl and Shift keys.

I know, I know, I don't understand how this and other commands/features of AC Tool was not added in the original Help file.

But, based on the source code the command is as the following:

LeftClick // Click the Left mouse button

LeftClick Shift // Click the Left mouse button while the shift key is pressed

LeftClick Alt // Click the Left mouse button while the alt key is pressed.

LeftClick Ctrl // Click the Left mouse button while the ctrl key is pressed.

The command performs:

• Press and hold down the option key (if required)
  • click the left mouse button
  • release the option key (if required)

Now the the use of the LeftMouseDown is the same. And if you use an option key with the LeftMouseDown then you must use the same option key with the corresponding LeftMosueUp. Or the option key will continue to be held down during any commands that send keys or mouse clicks to the program/game.

The use of the Right mouse button commands are the the exact same.

Please give the above a try.

Thank you both for responding!

I've tried both suggestions with the same results.

I first tried Ego's suggestion of adding "commanddelay=150" to the top of the script and nothing changed. I bumped the delay up to 1000 and there was no change, the {BACK} key is not received.

Wabbit, first off thank you for this great program! I've used it many times in EverQuest II and it was very helpful.

I tried your suggestion of LeftClick Ctrl and it didn't work. "Ctrl" didn't turn red like other commands to I ran it under test and the report shows just "Mouse Click Left". Control does work. I can use "Keys ^n" to open a game window. It appears my version 5.51 doesn't recognize the Ctrl after LeftClick (or LeftClickDown and both rights).

I don't know why the LeftClick Ctrl didn't work. So, I'll have to test it. But, you used the CommandDelay incorrectly. Open the help file an look for the CommandDelay information.

Plz post the complete script you are creating. I am having to install the game and test your script.

And as for the thank you. I appreciate it. But, I'm not the original developer of AC Tools, that would be Cameron Cole. Over the years others have developed AC Tool when Cam had taken a break in it's development. I am just the newest developer of AC Tools. But, this time Cam has retired from the development of AC Tools, for various RL reasons.

So, thank Cam for the creation of AC Tools, and all the others for helping in it's development over the years.

The newest version of AC Tool, currently code named Divide, is at a point for Beta testing. But, I have been trying to create an Help file with the information on it. I am hoping to have it done, well at least done enough for the beta, within the next week.

I've corrected the CommandDelay syntax and it didn't fix the issue.

Here is the code.

//Everquest Tradeskill Macro
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX CONSTANTS XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Constants
count = 1 //Set this to the amount of items needed for combine
itemloc1 = 1592, 669
itemloc2 = 1222, 605
itemloc3 = 1333, 615
itemloc4 = 1444, 615
itemloc5 = 1555, 615
itemloc6 = 1666, 615
placeloc1 = 1556, 668
placeloc2 = 1937, 222
placeloc3 = 1937, 333
placeloc4 = 1937, 444
placeloc5 = 1937, 555
placeloc6 = 1937, 666
End
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX MAIN LOOP XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
SetActiveWindow EverQuest
CommandDelay 1000
Call item_count_$count

//TEST SCRIPT
//LeftMouseUp {Ctrl} 1.0 sec
//MousePos 1599, 671
//delay 200
//LeftClick Ctrl

Bell asterisk
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX PROCEDURES XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Procedure lclick //Mouse click
LeftMouseDown
Delay 200
LeftMouseUp
Delay 200
End
Procedure just_one
Keys {BACK} //removes the count
Delay 200
Keys {BACK} //removes the count
Delay 200
Keys 1 //enters 1 into count
Delay 200
Keys {RETURN} //place one item on the cursor
End
Procedure TS_Combine //Combines TS items
MousePos 1900, 720 //move cursor to TS combine button
Delay 200
Call lclick
Delay 200
Keys = //AUTO INVENTORY BOUND TO HOTBAR
End
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX First Item XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Procedure TS_pickup_1
MousePos $itemloc1
DELAY 200
Call lclick
Delay 200
Call just_one
MousePos $placeloc1
Delay 200
Call lclick
End
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Second Item XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Procedure TS_pickup_2
MousePos $itemloc2
DELAY 200
Call lclick
Delay 200
Call just_one
MousePos $placeloc2
Delay 200
Call lclick
End
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Third Item XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Procedure TS_pickup_3
MousePos $itemloc3
DELAY 200
Call lclick
Delay 200
Call just_one
MousePos $placeloc3
Delay 200
Call lclick
End
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Fourth Item XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Procedure TS_pickup_4
MousePos $itemloc4
DELAY 200
Call lclick
Delay 200
Call just_one
MousePos $placeloc4
Delay 200
Call lclick
End
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Fifth Item XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Procedure TS_pickup_5
MousePos $itemloc4
DELAY 200
Call lclick
Delay 200
Call just_one
MousePos $placeloc5
Delay 200
Call lclick
End
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Sixth Item XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Procedure TS_pickup_6
MousePos $itemloc6
DELAY 200
Call lclick
Delay 200
Call just_one
MousePos $placeloc6
Delay 200
Call lclick
End
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX One Item Macro XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Procedure item_count_1
call TS_pickup_1
//call TS_combine
End
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Two Item Macro XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Procedure item_count_2
call TS_pickup_1
call TS_pickup_2
call TS_combine
End
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Three Item Macro XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Procedure item_count_3
call TS_pickup_1
call TS_pickup_2
call TS_pickup_3
call TS_combine
End
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Four Item Macro XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Procedure item_count_4
call TS_pickup_1
call TS_pickup_2
call TS_pickup_3
call TS_pickup_4
call TS_combine
End
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Five Item Macro XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Procedure item_count_5
call TS_pickup_1
call TS_pickup_2
call TS_pickup_3
call TS_pickup_4
call TS_pickup_5
call TS_combine
End
//XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Six Item Macro XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Procedure item_count_6
call TS_pickup_1
call TS_pickup_2
call TS_pickup_3
call TS_pickup_4
call TS_pickup_5
call TS_pickup_6
call TS_combine
End

The process requires one item to be picked up from a bag slot and placed into another container. This process is repeated until all of the required items are in the container for the combine, then the combine button is hit and the item is auto inventoried.

I didn't mean to steal any thunder from Cam or the others that have put the effort into this application, I appreciate all of your hard work.

[EDIT ]I'm playing the game in windowed mode. All of the item locations are static and only need to be "CTRL M'd" once. That being said, I'm running 1280x800.

I didn't put detailed comments in since I figured nobody else would see my code and yes, my naming conventions for everything is horrible! It's been a while since I've written any code. So, here's the breakdown.

itemlocX is where the item will be picked up from [x,y]. This is where the LeftClick Ctrl needs to happen. Since I didn't see the control click in help, I tried a workaround with the just_one procedure.

just_one runs after the cursor has been placed over the item and a LeftClick has been called. At this point in the game a box should have popped up with the total count of the item in the stack. It could be 1 to 20,if there is only one item the box won't pop up but neither LeftClick Ctrl or double {BACK} and 1 should affect the following code, "should". Also, at this point the focus of the keyboard is in the count pop up, so pressing backspace will delete the count and typing a number in will adjust how many items are to be picked up, {RETURN} closes the item count pop up and places the amount of items on the cursor that was in the count pop up box. Once this works properly there should only be one item on the cursor.

placelocX is where the item will be placed [x,y]. This is the tradeskill container (forge, oven, loom, etc) but for testing purposes it can just be any other inventory slot. This function works.

TS_Combine runs next. This moves the cursor to the combine button on the tradeskill container, LeftClick's it, and then presses "=". The last key "=" can be any key, it just needs to be keybound in game to a hotkey with /autoinventory and this will drop whatever is on the cursor (created item, failed return item, or nothing) into the first available inventory slot.

I will add the loop function for stack count and tidy everything up after I get everything to work.

For testing here's the easiest thing to do.

When you create a new character you will have a stack of 5 food and 5 drink in your inventory, press "i" to see this. You can test out your control leftclick and see that it will pick up just one item from the stack.

This, if LeftClick Ctrl works will pick up one item from the stack and drop it into another inventory slot.

MousePos xxx, xxx //move the mouse over the item stack
LeftClick Ctrl //pick up one item from the stack
MousePos xxx, xxx //move the mouse over the empty inventory slot to drop the time into
LeftClick //drop the item

This, will click on the item stack, delete the count in the pop up, press 1 putting one item on the cursor, then drop the item into another inventory slot.

MousePos xxx, xxx //move the mouse over the item stack
Keys {BACK} //removes the first digit in the count pop up
Delay 200
Keys {BACK} //removes the second digit in the count pop up
Delay 200
Keys 1 //enters 1 into count pop up
Delay 200
Keys {RETURN} //place one item on the cursor
MousePos xxx, xxx //move the mouse over the empty inventory slot to drop the time into
LeftClick //drop the item

okay, last nite I created an account and downloaded, installed and updated the game.
This mourning I created a new character, got through the tutorial and in the mines doing the beginners missions.

I killed enough rats and bats to get some furs, claws, etc in my characters inventory to test with.

I then spent the last 6 hours testing AC Tool v5.4.0, v5.5.1 and Divide Beta1 with the game.
And I am seeing the following with EverQuest in all programs:

• LeftClick will not work in EverQuest.
  • LeftMouseDown and LeftMouseUp, with a delay of 200, seems to work in place of the LeftClick.
  • LeftMosueDown and LeftMosueUp with option key, the option key is not received in the game.
  • Certain special keys, such as {BACK}, {LEFT}, {RIGHT}, do not work in the game. Plz let me know all the keys, special keys, etc that are not working.
  • I am unable to test the Right mouse button commands. But, I assume that they are having the same results as the Left mouse button commands above.

At the moment I can not even guess as to why EverQuest is not receiving the keys or mouse clicks. And since the problem does not seem to be seen in EverQuest 2, based on your tests. I can only conclude that the problem is with EverQuest itself. I will have to do a lot more testing and research to see what EverQuest is doing that is causing this problem.

But, I did come up with a work around for what you are trying to do. And it does work on my end.

With the help of your script, and the use of your lclick procedure I was able to create the following test code that works.

//TEST SCRIPT

// make sure the game window has enough time to be ontop before continuing
Delay 1 sec

// Move mouse over item to use and select it.
MousePos 787, 556 // adjust for the correct coords to select the item
Call LClick

// In the item number box, move the cursor to prior to the first number
// we do this by clicking on the first number in the box.
MousePos 804, 623 // adjust for the correct coords to select the first number
Call LClick

// Now we perform a double delete to delete the two possible numeric digits
Keys {DEL}{DEL}

Bell asterisk