AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
simopalla

Copying from clipboard to a variable in run-time

Hi eveyone, i wrote a simple script for an autoclicker, but in the last step, after i copied a number from a site, i should compare this number (already copied to the clipboard) to the Number 4, and continue with the script only if this number is > 4. How i should do ? Thanks for replies :)

I move the topic here because this is where it belongs.

And as Ego has stated we can not truly answer your question without you posting what code you have already created. And we don't know if yo have already created the right code but are having problems getting it to work. Or that you do no have any code for the task at hand. Or you have not done any code at all.

But, based solely on your description, this might be what you are looking for:

// returns the contents of the clipboard to a constant
GetClipboard

I hope this is what you are looking for. And I assume that you can create the rest of the code needed with just this bit of help.

P.S. In the future I would suggest that you read through AC Tool's Help file. As the GetClipboard command is listed in the help file with complete explanation on what it does and how to use it, including and example use.

Getclipboard is not working for me because a constant has too little "space" for my clipboard, and it chops it, is there a way to copy clipboard to a list directly? Or to get it to a constant that have more capacity?

Ty

On 6/14/2020 at 7:34 PM, minimx said:

Getclipboard is not working for me because a constant has too little "space" for my clipboard, and it chops it, is there a way to copy clipboard to a list directly? Or to get it to a constant that have more capacity?

Ty

From what it sounds like. Is that GetClipboard is working just fine. What the actual problem is, is that you are copying a huge amount of text to the Clipboard. And as you have found, AC Tool's script engine has a max size for constants of 4K. That is 4096 characters in a single constant.

Personally, I don't see how you could be copying so much text to the clipboard. That you end up not having all of the text copied into a single constant.

And to answer you questions. No, there is no way to copy the clipboard to a list. And no, there is no way to increase the size of a constant. And no, there is version of a constant that's size is larger.

So, if you really have to use this extremely huge amount of text within your script. You are just going to have to do it in smaller sizes. Wether, or not, you use a list to hold it all. How you go about this will be up to you to decide and code.