5 replies to this topic

#1 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:37 AM

Five years ago I purchased my 7870 video card (almost to the day You purchased this item on June 27, 2013) and on Sunday it up and died on me where no videos could be watched and BSOD after BSOD.  So, here I am with a dead 7870 and using a 4830 in W10 which means I have no drivers for it (last driver made for a 4830 is for Windows 8.0) and you would be surprised how much of a Windows system off loads a lot of work to the video card so it isn't just video games and videos.  What sucks beyond everything being in software render mode (including Windows itself) is that I went from 1920x1200 to 1280x960 so everything is so big it is like I am using a Fisher Price computer now.

I am used to buying vid cards that are 2nd from top of the line, top of the third of the line, for 200-250 (average 225) so no way am I going to spend 800 dollars for a card barely able to beat out the 7870 and I waited for a whole year (this Ryzen 1600 I built in June 2017) as more and more BSODs happened and finally card prices started to come down but 350 for what should be a 225 dollar card is not happening.

GDDR6 manufacturing has ramped up at Micron and news is new vid cards are due Aug/Sept but I wonder for how much?  No, matter because I hope this 4830 continues to roll on until I upgrade at a decent price not the BS they have had for a year now.

PM me and face the consequences if you are arguing, trolling, begging, or just being an all around ass.

4:35pm, Central Time, Feb 7, 2013...A date which will always be a day from hell for me.  I love you honey and may you rest in peace.

#2 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:42 AM

And nVidia is not going to be dropping prices any time soon. Because they are still trying to cash in on the use of their cards for cryptomining. The way I see it, they won't do that until the cryptomining how is dead. Or nVidia decides to release a card that can't be used for cryptomining.

#3 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:00 AM

And nVidia is not going to be dropping prices any time soon. Because they are still trying to cash in on the use of their cards for cryptomining. The way I see it, they won't do that until the cryptomining how is dead. Or nVidia decides to release a card that can't be used for cryptomining.

Well, funny enough for mining AMD is the better choice for the ones that caused this gouging to begin.

http://jkcrypto.com/...-nvidia-mining/

PM me and face the consequences if you are arguing, trolling, begging, or just being an all around ass.

4:35pm, Central Time, Feb 7, 2013...A date which will always be a day from hell for me.  I love you honey and may you rest in peace.

#4 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

I just had a BSOD and it was driver related so I used DDU and when I rebooted I was back in 1920x1200 and hardware acceleration in everything.  Pretty sweet for a decade old card but I lost the AMD control panel but no loss in this case.

#5 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:11 AM

That is good

Do the following before posting, or asking:

1) Read the AC Tool Help File.
2) Read the Release Notes, aka the README.TXT file, for any new information not in the AC Tool Help file.
3) Read through the AC Tool FAQ.
4) Try to code the script/macro you want.
5) Look at any of the script/macros posted on the forums. Use them as examples of what can be done for your game and script/macro.
6) If you are having problems, or don't know how to do something. Then search the AC Tool Support Forums.
7) If you still need help. Then post a new topic with complete detailed information, about what you are trying to do. And what is happening in the script/macro. Plz include your script/macro as outlined in the FAQ.

If you do not read the Help file or the readme.txt file. Then you will not learn how to create a script/macro.

If you do not search the forums. Then you will never now about the answer to your question/problem, that more than likely already exists.

If you do not post complete detailed information, with script/macro, as per the AC Tool FAQ. Then you are just wasting everyone's time.

#6 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

As long as it holds me over until Aug/Sept when the prices should drop to make room for the next gen cards AND these damn BSODs stop.