Photo

Are you still fixing bugs in ACTool 5.4.0?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lone

Lone

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:12 PM

Hi,

I have been trying to get logged onto the site for a few months now.  Finally got in.   :)

I still use ACTool to macro in Asheron's Call and have been working on a macro to ID weapons and pick up the good ones now that random loot is back in the game (W00T).

The Companion variable for Max Weapon Damage (_iddamage) is not being properly populated.  I looked at the source code and found the following:

GlobalData^._iddamage := wObject.Longs(keyDamageType, -1) ;
              GlobalData^._iddamagebonus := wObject.Doubles(keyDamageBonus, -1);
              GlobalData^._iddamagerange := wObject.Doubles(keyRange, -1);
              GlobalData^._iddamagetype := wObject.Longs(keyDamageType, -1);

I think the line for _iddamage should be using keyMaxDamage instead of keyDamageType.  (Looks like it may be a cut paste error from _iddamgetype.)

I downloaded the latest free starter version of Delphi, 10.2 and the source code and tried to fix it myself.  I loaded the project, copied over the memoplus modules from the 5.4.0 version but there is more stuff in there to update for the latest Delphi than just memoplus and I don't know Delphi.  I fixed a few things but when I got to problems with DsgnIntf and read about splitting your code for design versus runtime, thought it was more than I could easily figure out.

Thanks for any consideration you may give to fixing this one little bug.

Oh, I also noticed _idspellids and _idspelltypes are not being populated and are just being set to := ' ';  I know this one is probably more involved than fixing _iddamge but thought I would ask.

PS - I see you are working on a new version.  Will the new version have decal support like the old version?

Thanks again,
Lone

#2 Lone

Lone

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:36 AM

I read your post on "EMUs and AC Tool".  Most of my old macros and the one Decal Plugin I wrote do work on the PhatAC servers.  I use the Thwargle launcher and it seems to work quite well.

#3 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:41 AM

Hi,

I have been trying to get logged onto the site for a few months now.  Finally got in.   :)

I still use ACTool to macro in Asheron's Call and have been working on a macro to ID weapons and pick up the good ones now that random loot is back in the game (W00T).

The Companion variable for Max Weapon Damage (_iddamage) is not being properly populated.  I looked at the source code and found the following:

GlobalData^._iddamage := wObject.Longs(keyDamageType, -1) ;
              GlobalData^._iddamagebonus := wObject.Doubles(keyDamageBonus, -1);
              GlobalData^._iddamagerange := wObject.Doubles(keyRange, -1);
              GlobalData^._iddamagetype := wObject.Longs(keyDamageType, -1);

I think the line for _iddamage should be using keyMaxDamage instead of keyDamageType.  (Looks like it may be a cut paste error from _iddamgetype.)

I downloaded the latest free starter version of Delphi, 10.2 and the source code and tried to fix it myself.  I loaded the project, copied over the memoplus modules from the 5.4.0 version but there is more stuff in there to update for the latest Delphi than just memoplus and I don't know Delphi.  I fixed a few things but when I got to problems with DsgnIntf and read about splitting your code for design versus runtime, thought it was more than I could easily figure out.

Thanks for any consideration you may give to fixing this one little bug.

Oh, I also noticed _idspellids and _idspelltypes are not being populated and are just being set to := ' ';  I know this one is probably more involved than fixing _iddamge but thought I would ask.

PS - I see you are working on a new version.  Will the new version have decal support like the old version?

Thanks again,
Lone

At the moment I have not been working on any fixes for AC Tools as I have been concentrating of Divide. But, Phinius had gone and done a lot of major fixes for a version of AC Tool that deals with allot of Decal issues and to bring Companion up to use the last Decal release. I have now idea of what was completely fixed, changed, or even added to it. As I never received a complete source code, or list, of those fixes, changes, or additions.

He did make a release of AC Tool with many of those changed here: AC Tool - Update for Asheron's Call (version 5.4.0.5). He did make one final release of AC Tool, with the same version number, much later that he had posted one another site. That version has all of the fixes, changes, and additions he had made to Companion/Decal.

But, once the Servers went down, he stop development on AC Tool Companion/Decal completely. So, it is up to me and my zero knowledge of the game and decal to do it.

But, all I can do is go though the little bit of code that Phinius had sent me. To update and fix the last release I had done. All, while making sure it is still based on v5.4.0 code for Companion/Decal. I don't know when I when I'll get to it. As developing Divide is taking most of my free time at the moment.

But, that well be a waste of time anyways.... See my next post.

#4 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:44 AM

I read your post on "EMUs and AC Tool".  Most of my old macros and the one Decal Plugin I wrote do work on the PhatAC servers.  I use the Thwargle launcher and it seems to work quite well.[/size]

And yes, I posted that over a year ago. And as of right now, there will be no development for AC emu PhatAC. And quite possibly for ACEmulator as well.

Since you should not be playing any version of AC on a PhatAC server at all. The reason for this is that WB issued a Cease and Desist to the lead developer of PhatAC, in Sept 2017. Calling for development on the Emu to Cease & Desist, the source code to be handed over, all servers brought down, and any videos posted on YouTube about the playing of AC on PhatAC to be removed. And the lead developer had to sign a letter to never work on any project dealing with any WB Intellectual Property in the future.

And as such the fact that you are still playing on a PhatAC server tells me that the PhatAC server provider is doing so illegally.

You can read the announcement from Pea below.

Spoiler

You can find the above text here: Pea's response about PhatAC shutting down, and screen shots of Pea's original statements here: Pea's Goodbye. You can also find more information about the Emu shutdown here: Asheron’s Call emulator lead explains what went down with the cease-and-desist

At the moment ACEmulator is the only Emu still in development, but may be shut down at anytime.

So, with this information. Any development on Companion/Decal for any Emu will only be for ACEmulator, if at all. I am not wanting to wish to continue the development of Companion/Decal for ACEmulator, or any Emu, if WB is just going to be an ASS and shut them down. So, I will hold off on any further ideas of working on Companion/Decal until the dust has settled and see if ACEmulator is still around to develop for.

WB fucked themselves with this.

#5 Lone

Lone

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:20 AM

Thanks for the reply!!  I understand your position and respect it.