AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The WABBIT

New visits by some lost members.

Well, I am happy to see that there has been some lost members showing up in the forums lately.

Only because I had the forums send out an email to all. Letting them know that their accounts have been inactive for some time.

And I am glad that they have taken the time to see the forums at it's new location. And to see what is happening with AC Tool.

And I say Welcome back.

LoL -- I just found this today and (obviously) even managed to get logged in! I didn't realise how much turmoil / change had happened over the past few years!

In any case, I'm glad to see that the site has managed to soldier on, (despite such significant changes!) and that some of the same old faces are still here too! Obviously I haven't been by in (longer than I thought!) but it's always a fun time to drop in and say "hi" from time to time! :)

Hope everyone's doing well!

-Triane

LoL -- I just found this today and (obviously) even managed to get logged in! I didn't realise how much turmoil / change had happened over the past few years!

In any case, I'm glad to see that the site has managed to soldier on, (despite such significant changes!) and that some of the same old faces are still here too! Obviously I haven't been by in (longer than I thought!) but it's always a fun time to drop in and say "hi" from time to time! :)

Hope everyone's doing well!

-Triane

Long time no see for sure.  Welcome back...then 2 years passes again...Welcome Back...

LoL -- yes, so it would appear! Though last year was a lot of upheaval for me -- I was diagnosed with colo-rectal cancer and underwent major surgery last June and then months of recovery that followed. I kinda fell off the planet from around April until after January dealing with all of that. On the up side, it was found/caught early, removed by surgery with no indications at the present time that any further procedures or treatments will be required! *whew*!

In any event, I'm still kicking around these parts, and always enjoy dropping in and saying hi -- I guess the fact that I'm not very invested in gaming anymore, and certainly not with anything as complex / involved as ACtools, has somewhat diminished my ability to contribute meaningfully as I once had, so I'm less motivated to pop in as regularly as I did 15 or so years ago..  :unsure: 

LoL -- yes, so it would appear! Though last year was a lot of upheaval for me -- I was diagnosed with colo-rectal cancer and underwent major surgery last June and then months of recovery that followed. I kinda fell off the planet from around April until after January dealing with all of that. On the up side, it was found/caught early, removed by surgery with no indications at the present time that any further procedures or treatments will be required! *whew*!

In any event, I'm still kicking around these parts, and always enjoy dropping in and saying hi -- I guess the fact that I'm not very invested in gaming anymore, and certainly not with anything as complex / involved as ACtools, has somewhat diminished my ability to contribute meaningfully as I once had, so I'm less motivated to pop in as regularly as I did 15 or so years ago..  :unsure: 

Damn, man, I am so sorry to hear that and I hope you are eating well and the stuff rabbits eat as I have heard it helps prevent that but the big C is still a mystery.

Yeah, I only stay around until this joint closes up for good as I once said so long ago.  Been a long ass time for me of 17 years which shocks me to even think about that much time passing.

Ironically, I just downloaded and (re) installed LOTRO over the weekend. Amazingly, they even recovered my characters for me, the most recent log-on of which occurred in 2009! :o

I still haven't actually signed-in, but I guess, in a manner of speaking, I'm still involved with a Turbine-produced game! ;)

My whole diet is something of a disaster right now, between managing my diabetes (still not on insulin at least!) and for quite a while last fall, trying to get my weight up, etc ( and now, trying to get it back down again :P ) it's been quite a roller-coaster. I ended up losing about 40% of my large intestine as well as almost half of my rectum, the combination of which also necessitates some lifestyle changes, but still, it's all way better than having cancer!

-Triane

Ironically, I just downloaded and (re) installed LOTRO over the weekend. Amazingly, they even recovered my characters for me, the most recent log-on of which occurred in 2009! :o

I still haven't actually signed-in, but I guess, in a manner of speaking, I'm still involved with a Turbine-produced game! ;)

My whole diet is something of a disaster right now, between managing my diabetes (still not on insulin at least!) and for quite a while last fall, trying to get my weight up, etc ( and now, trying to get it back down again :P ) it's been quite a roller-coaster. I ended up losing about 40% of my large intestine as well as almost half of my rectum, the combination of which also necessitates some lifestyle changes, but still, it's all way better than having cancer!

-Triane

I don't even have the email accounts I used with AC1/AC2/DDO/LOTRO but I do have the login info on a DVD/Blu-Ray around here somewhere.

Yeah, aging sucks.

Yeah, aging sucks.

Uh huh, but it's infinitely better than the alternative! :o;)

Depends as I would rather be dead than to slowly waste away or live with horrible pain every single day as I know a lot of people end up like.

I no longer have a video card that can play a game and it has been dying for about 10 months now and is so bad I have to turn off all hardware accelerations and that has helped but I still end up with the random BSOD.  I upgraded to a Ryzen 1600 system last June and POOF, the video cards skyrocketed thanks to Apple, and I think Samsung, and Crypto mining.  It is slowly coming down again and due in a few months will be new video cards from Nvidia and AMD so I hope I can grab one then as my price limit is 235-300 as I have never ever spent more nor will I.  I have a 7870 and not until I was forced to go to Windows 10 did I have a single issue with it.  TBH I really believe it is the drivers doing nasty stuff to force people into buying new thanks to Windows 10 and the great collusion (old drivers will not install on W10 with a Ryzen or Intel Skylake or Kaby Lake and with all new CPUs you are not allowed to use Windows before 10.  Hence, the great collusion.) but if I buy a new DX12 card it has to outperform the 7870 or no dice.

LoL -- the  specs for LoTRO are miniscule! My video card is an off the shelf $150 card that I got when my previous pair gave up the ghost a couple of years ago and it handles it just fine... (NVidea GeForce FT730)

Looking at the requirements, I'm not sure that they've actually gone up noticeably since the game came out in 2007! :lol:  ;) 

LoL -- the  specs for LoTRO are miniscule! My video card is an off the shelf $150 card that I got when my previous pair gave up the ghost a couple of years ago and it handles it just fine... (NVidea GeForce FT730)

Looking at the requirements, I'm not sure that they've actually gone up noticeably since the game came out in 2007! :lol:  ;) 

Not what I meant because when I leave a game for good it is for good.  I am the same way with a job as I never return because a game is never the same and it only sours me and a job they are out to get you if you return.  I see some cool video games on youtube vids but I could never even load them up due to this video card and I am not going to go backwards but I will say I am looking at my next card being a Nvidia and I haven't had one of those since the ATI 9800 pro came out in 2003 (prior to that ATI sucked in video cards and I know I was a tech before that dealing with their shit cards).

Chopped liver chiming in =)

You are not Chpped liver!

But, it is nice to see you come back and visit.  Just don't take so long for the next time.