#1 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:21 AM

Okay, because of the resent SPAM Bots. I had to go and look at the account creation settings. Until Yesterday, it was using Googles reCAPTCHA v1. And although the site code was correct, google was not serving the CAPTCHA. Instead it was telling users to let the site admin know to goto a link to upgrade to reCAPTCHA v2.

That was very dumb of Google to open sites up like that. And I am thinking of looking to see if anyone has started a Class Action against Google for that.

So, what I had done yesterday was set the account creation to use the KeyCAPTCHA instead. It uses different way of doing captchas.

Today I have found and downloaded, and installed, the IPB v3.x reCAPTCHA V2 module. (Which was created by a IPB admin.) The reCAPTCHA v2 is for future use, for if I find that the KeyCAPTcHA is not working.

And I also installed another module to integrate CAPTCHA into the Login screen as well. As much as I do not like having the CAPTCHA during login. I think it would be best for the future.

Do the following before posting, or asking:

1) Read the AC Tool Help File.
2) Read the Release Notes, aka the README.TXT file, for any new information not in the AC Tool Help file.
3) Read through the AC Tool FAQ.
4) Try to code the script/macro you want.
5) Look at any of the script/macros posted on the forums. Use them as examples of what can be done for your game and script/macro.
6) If you are having problems, or don't know how to do something. Then search the AC Tool Support Forums.
7) If you still need help. Then post a new topic with complete detailed information, about what you are trying to do. And what is happening in the script/macro. Plz include your script/macro as outlined in the FAQ.

If you do not read the Help file or the readme.txt file. Then you will not learn how to create a script/macro.

If you do not search the forums. Then you will never now about the answer to your question/problem, that more than likely already exists.

If you do not post complete detailed information, with script/macro, as per the AC Tool FAQ. Then you are just wasting everyone's time.

#2 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

So that is how they got in.  Figured something had changed and keycaptcha looks like it will do the job but damn I hate captchas, but, as we saw, they are necessary.

PM me and face the consequences if you are arguing, trolling, begging, or just being an all around ass.

4:35pm, Central Time, Feb 7, 2013...A date which will always be a day from hell for me.  I love you honey and may you rest in peace.

#3 Ego

Ego

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

Yea, same, oh well. Here's to pictures with signs in them.  lol

Ego is not a dirty word

#4 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

I went to the website yesterday and keycaptcha shows an apple like a jigsaw puzzle so I guess we have to click on the piece and slide it in. ;)

PM me and face the consequences if you are arguing, trolling, begging, or just being an all around ass.

4:35pm, Central Time, Feb 7, 2013...A date which will always be a day from hell for me.  I love you honey and may you rest in peace.

#5 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

I went to the website yesterday and keycaptcha shows an apple like a jigsaw puzzle so I guess we have to click on the piece and slide it in. ;)

Yep, it is like a puzzle and you have click on the piece(s) and slide them to there proper place to complete the image. This would something that normal spam bots can't handle.

Do the following before posting, or asking:

1) Read the AC Tool Help File.
2) Read the Release Notes, aka the README.TXT file, for any new information not in the AC Tool Help file.
3) Read through the AC Tool FAQ.
4) Try to code the script/macro you want.
5) Look at any of the script/macros posted on the forums. Use them as examples of what can be done for your game and script/macro.
6) If you are having problems, or don't know how to do something. Then search the AC Tool Support Forums.
7) If you still need help. Then post a new topic with complete detailed information, about what you are trying to do. And what is happening in the script/macro. Plz include your script/macro as outlined in the FAQ.

If you do not read the Help file or the readme.txt file. Then you will not learn how to create a script/macro.

If you do not search the forums. Then you will never now about the answer to your question/problem, that more than likely already exists.

If you do not post complete detailed information, with script/macro, as per the AC Tool FAQ. Then you are just wasting everyone's time.