AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vengor

Meh what to do?

There isn't anything out there worth playing. I was looking at giving Darrowshire (wow private server) a spin but then find out a dev got into a pissing match with someone and whacked the servers. Everything these days seems like they are all bling and absolutely no substance or they are microtransaction pay to win crapfests. 

I gave everything out there that was F2P a try over the last six months and I give they all suck or are nice but P2W.  I have given up on mmorpgs anymore.

I was thinking of giving the AC private server a shot. If it works maybe built a bot army of around 20 accounts. I have some laptops that can run AC and some that can run up to 4 accounts maybe. Something I have always wanted to do but never got around to doing. 

I gave up on AC a very long time ago and would never want to relive the glory days because they will never come back.  I despise Turbine for a decade now as they really are powered by their fans as in they suck and blow.

True I had quit a long time ago too for the most part. However now that someone has a private server going I was thinking just for the hell of it see if I can get 20+ bots going on it. I had high hopes that they would have an official release of the server software. But oh well. I was thinking that some of the old systems i have could handle upto four clients running. I might be able to get 14 systems running... maybe I could get 30 accounts running. I have a tool called Multiplicity that I can remote to 16 systems at the same time with it.  It works well enough. 

I have a Ryzen 1600 6 core/12 threads with 16 gigs of ram and a 75mbps internet connection which is just WOW in comparison to what I had with AC1.  Lets see, AMD Slot 1 700mhz with 256 megs of ram on DSL 368k was at the peak for me back then in AC.  Right after I moved on to a AMD 2700+ and 2 gigs of ram on the same internet connection to finally a cable modem 20mbps but AC1 never saw that machine/setup.

Speaking about my 16 gigs of ram I just updated my bios so it reset everything and I can never remember my proper ram timings so I went to my Amazon order and wtf?  Mid June my 16 gigs (2x8) I purchased for 135 dollars but now that same ram is 219 dollars?  What in the hell happened in the last seven months to drive that price so high?  Had ram been this high I would not have upgraded my system for sure.

Just wow.