AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The WABBIT

Changing themes/skins

I just noticed that there might be a problem with changing themes/skins once you change from the IPB default to the  Deviant III theme/skin. Once you do so, you are not able to change to another theme/skin. Even if it is the IPB default theme/skin, that is if you wanted to. I'll look into it and see if I can find the problem and fix it.

thx for the screenshot. I'll look into it to see what is causing it.

EDIT: Okay, I have found what the cause of that is.  It seems that the skin, has looks to be a call home to mama feature. And although the skin/theme is free, I guess it is a means for the creator to know what sites are using his/her's creation.

With that in mind, the problem stems from the Call Home to Mama. But, Mama is having problems with her phone. I have checked this on multiple of computers. Mine with checking the skin here. And others to check the Virteq.com website. Going directly to the website, or any of it's pages that I have bookmarks for. Causes the account login to pop up.

So, there is nothing I can do about it. As long as you can cancel the login window and still browse the forums that is best as can be.  But, I will try my best to go through the skin/theme's code to find any, and all, attempts to Call Home. But, I don't know how long that will take. Mainly because IP Board breaks down a html page to multiple xml files containing parts of the whole page. And then places all the files into a single xml file to distribute and install the skin. Plus IP Board does not give you a proper way of accessing the whole page all at once. And to top it off, the parts that are split up into the different xml files. Are not done so in a intuitive way.

But, I will do what I can to stop this from happening again in the future.

Yeah, I have never been a lover of IPBoard.  Maybe install another dark theme that is free and doesn't call home?  Maybe look and see where the call home routine(s) are and remove them if you can?

I have to say I have never heard of a call home for a theme before and their entire website is screwy so I think it no longer exists or something.  I switched back to this glaringly bright theme to get away from that call home shit.