33 replies to this topic

#31 Ego

Ego

Insane Poster

• Moderators
  • 431 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:08 PM

Just hit another bug. The stop command in V5.5 does not work.

I have to use stopscript instead.

A lot of my code will need to be changed if that's what I need to do.

Ego is not a dirty word

#32 RADoss

RADoss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:36 PM

Okay I have a fix for the Help Files not showing content on the right side of the window. 

I just hope nobody else has mentioned it and I missed it.

This is not The WABBIT's fault because Microsoft and their new privilege issues over the net. 

It will always show fine on his side but as soon as the file is transferred over any protocol it becomes "Blocked" content until the user manually unblocks it.

Here's the fix: RightMouseClick --> Properties --> and click Unblock on the actool.chm file in the installation folder.

Source: https://superuser.co...here-a-solution

#33 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Moderators
  • 641 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 16 December 2018 - 07:53 PM

Okay I have a fix for the Help Files not showing content on the right side of the window. 

I just hope nobody else has mentioned it and I missed it.

This is not The WABBIT's fault because Microsoft and their new privilege issues over the net. 

It will always show fine on his side but as soon as the file is transferred over any protocol it becomes "Blocked" content until the user manually unblocks it.

Here's the fix: RightMouseClick --> Properties --> and click Unblock on the actool.chm file in the installation folder.

Source: https://superuser.co...here-a-solution

And yes, that can be a problem for those with Windows 8/8.1 and 10. Because of Micro$ucks new security restrictions. Many webpages, wither seen through a web browser or in a help file, are blocked. In order for those webpages to be seen without being blocked. The author needs to get a certificate from M$ and have that certificate loaded when that page is viewed. Again, it doesn't matter if the page is in a help (.chm) file or not. And let's face it, all of the Help file formats and packaging Standards were created by Micro$ucks. They all use a form of web browser to display the help pages. Either a stripped down, very bare bones Internet Explorer as a help file program. (.hlp and .chm) Or a better looking UI version of the stripped down, very bare, Internet Explorer, for the new Help system and the newer Help2 system. To the standard, based on the Help file, used for online Help systems, except those using Wikipedia as the driving source.

Now M$ states that when webpages are viewed and they are blocked. It is because the webpage is using some form of macro or script. That M$ security algorithm has determined to be a threat to the system. That is a complete flat out lie on M$ part.

As proof of that, take the AC Tool, either the v5.4.0 or v5.5.1, help file, the .chm file. And use your favorite, non-M$, Zip file utility and extract the .chm as an archive. (YES, you can do this with most .chm files.) Then you will have the original html files for each and every page in the help file. Load each and every one of the files into your favorite html editor. And look at the source code for them.  You will not find a single macro or script in those pages. Nor will find a link to a macro or script. At most, you will find only 2 or 3 links to websites or online webpages.

So, how is the AC Tool Help file pages pose a security risk? It doesn't! It is just another means for M$ to for developers to pay them to examine their html files for a help file. And then pay M$ again to receive, 1 or more, certificate(s). Just so that the developer's Help file can be viewed with out being blocked.

#34 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Moderators
  • 641 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:03 PM

Just hit another bug. The stop command in V5.5 does not work.

I have to use stopscript instead.

A lot of my code will need to be changed if that's what I need to do.

And yes the Stop command does not work. Because it was renamed to StopScript. The reason is that I had compelling statements to completely remove the command. Instead I was able to get to stay in AC Tool, only with a name changed.

And yes, you will have to update those scripts that use Stop to use StopScript instead.

And I hate to be a bearer of bad news. But, Divide won't have either one. But, thin we are talking about a completely different language.