#1 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

I have a question for everyone. Do you use the FormLoad and/or FormSave commands at all.  If so, why do you use them and in what cases do you use them?

Do the following before posting, or asking:

1) Read the AC Tool Help File.
2) Read the Release Notes, aka the README.TXT file, for any new information not in the AC Tool Help file.
3) Read through the AC Tool FAQ.
4) Try to code the script/macro you want.
5) Look at any of the script/macros posted on the forums. Use them as examples of what can be done for your game and script/macro.
6) If you are having problems, or don't know how to do something. Then search the AC Tool Support Forums.
7) If you still need help. Then post a new topic with complete detailed information, about what you are trying to do. And what is happening in the script/macro. Plz include your script/macro as outlined in the FAQ.

If you do not read the Help file or the readme.txt file. Then you will not learn how to create a script/macro.

If you do not search the forums. Then you will never now about the answer to your question/problem, that more than likely already exists.

If you do not post complete detailed information, with script/macro, as per the AC Tool FAQ. Then you are just wasting everyone's time.

#2 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

I did on my old macros to get user input but I found them to be too restrictive and they are the main reason I finally wrote them in C++ that eventually lead to removing ACTool completely out of the picture when I wrote everything in C++ for my macro.  It survived 5+ years until Sony screwed around with all macros and I just didn't care to continue for many reasons.

For simple things it is nice but there is no way to customize the looks, or anything I needed.

PM me and face the consequences if you are arguing, trolling, begging, or just being an all around ass.

4:35pm, Central Time, Feb 7, 2013...A date which will always be a day from hell for me.  I love you honey and may you rest in peace.

#3 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

From what I see in the code for those two commands, all they ever did was save, and load, the current values/states of the three main components.

For the EditBox, it would save the text that is currently in the box.

For the CheckBox, it would save wether or not the checkbox was check.

And for the ComboBox, it would sace the current select item.

Since the only reason I can think of to use those two commands, based on their function.  Is to save and load default setting for a configuration form.  If that is the case it is much easier, at least I think this to be so, is just create a .inc file that has nothing but specific constants defined and set to default values.  And load that file with an include and update the file, if necessary, by using a procedure that writes out the file and its contents.

And it would also mean that the need to have FormLoad & FormSave removed because they are obselete.  Especially now that I fixed what I call the issue with Form not updating when the constants they are using is changed.

But, I want other peoples input on this.  Specifically if they use the two commands, along with why and in what cases they do use them.

#4 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

It actually worked in conjunction with the form command that throws up a box and asks questions from the user.  All of those made me ditch ACTool so long ago for macro writing.  They are/were absolutely awesome for the most primitive GUI application but it is also the most generic which is why I did what I did.

Yes, I consider them the be AT LEAST deprecated but be careful removing anything as old macros would/could rely up those and this is why Linux will post something as deprecated and that is a signal to not use those for new macros/programs (in the case of Linux) because they could go/be removed at any time and the deprecated tag is just a signal the end is near for them.

PM me and face the consequences if you are arguing, trolling, begging, or just being an all around ass.

4:35pm, Central Time, Feb 7, 2013...A date which will always be a day from hell for me.  I love you honey and may you rest in peace.

#5 Ego

Ego

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 October 2018 - 05:19 AM

Not sure if this is right area, I'm looking at boxes, combobox and editbox.

Is there a way to auto continue the code, IF, no information is changed.

I'm thinking about, for example, using a box to choose where a warp reactor is in the hotkeys and if no changes after a set time,

continue the code. Looked thru the website and couldn't see anything that could be used.

Any suggestions? or it cannot be done?

Ego is not a dirty word

#6 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:21 PM

Not sure if this is right area, I'm looking at boxes, combobox and editbox.

Is there a way to auto continue the code, IF, no information is changed.

I'm thinking about, for example, using a box to choose there a warp reactor is in the hotkeys and if no changes after a set time,

continue the code. Looked thru the website and couldn't see anything that could be used.

Any suggestions? or it cannot be done?

Ego, sorry no. Forms in AC Tool are displayed and then blocks the running of the rest of the script until the user clicks either the OK or Cancel button.

Do the following before posting, or asking:

1) Read the AC Tool Help File.
2) Read the Release Notes, aka the README.TXT file, for any new information not in the AC Tool Help file.
3) Read through the AC Tool FAQ.
4) Try to code the script/macro you want.
5) Look at any of the script/macros posted on the forums. Use them as examples of what can be done for your game and script/macro.
6) If you are having problems, or don't know how to do something. Then search the AC Tool Support Forums.
7) If you still need help. Then post a new topic with complete detailed information, about what you are trying to do. And what is happening in the script/macro. Plz include your script/macro as outlined in the FAQ.

If you do not read the Help file or the readme.txt file. Then you will not learn how to create a script/macro.

If you do not search the forums. Then you will never now about the answer to your question/problem, that more than likely already exists.

If you do not post complete detailed information, with script/macro, as per the AC Tool FAQ. Then you are just wasting everyone's time.

#7 Ego

Ego

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for that, pity, I could use a set time for input/continue

Ego is not a dirty word