Photo

AC Tool new Feature/Command request thread.

[actool] [macro] [command]

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

Please post in this thread any new feature/command you would like to see add to AC Tool.  Please keep any and all such requests to be something that the majority of the AC Tool coders will use on a regular basis.  I am not into creating a specialized version of AC Tool for you.  I have enough trouble keeping up on my own specialized version while working on the version of AC Tool generally used by others.

And Please keep all requests to something that makes since.

#2 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

I pinned and locked the threads but I do not think I can lock it because you will not be able to add on to it even as the originator of the threads.  Best I can do is pin them but you can try then let me know.

PM me and face the consequences if you are arguing, trolling, begging, or just being an all around ass.

4:35pm, Central Time, Feb 7, 2013...A date which will always be a day from hell for me.  I love you honey and may you rest in peace.

#3 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

yeah, your right about the locking.  As I am unable to do anthing in them.  If only I had the ability to lock and unlock them as I needed.  But, that is okay just unlock the two and I'll make requests to you about unwanted posts in them.

Do the following before posting, or asking:

1) Read the AC Tool Help File.
2) Read the Release Notes, aka the README.TXT file, for any new information not in the AC Tool Help file.
3) Read through the AC Tool FAQ.
4) Try to code the script/macro you want.
5) Look at any of the script/macros posted on the forums. Use them as examples of what can be done for your game and script/macro.
6) If you are having problems, or don't know how to do something. Then search the AC Tool Support Forums.
7) If you still need help. Then post a new topic with complete detailed information, about what you are trying to do. And what is happening in the script/macro. Plz include your script/macro as outlined in the FAQ.

If you do not read the Help file or the readme.txt file. Then you will not learn how to create a script/macro.

If you do not search the forums. Then you will never now about the answer to your question/problem, that more than likely already exists.

If you do not post complete detailed information, with script/macro, as per the AC Tool FAQ. Then you are just wasting everyone's time.

#4 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Sounds good.

PM me and face the consequences if you are arguing, trolling, begging, or just being an all around ass.

4:35pm, Central Time, Feb 7, 2013...A date which will always be a day from hell for me.  I love you honey and may you rest in peace.

#5 Bear

Bear

Forum Master

• Moderators
  • 931 posts
  • LocationAltoona, IA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

Remove the Command: Restart

The only reference that restart should still be a part of is the ReBootSystem command.

// filename: ReBoot.inc
Procedure GotTheBoot using Number
  If $Number = 1
    ReBootSystem Shutdown
  End
  If $Number = 2
    ReBootSystem Logoff
  End
  If $Number = 3
    ReBootSystem Restart
  End
End

//Use this one to Shut the System down.
//Call GotTheBoot 1

//Use this one to Sign the Current User Off.
//Call GotTheBoot 2

//Use this one to Reboot the System.
//Call GotTheBoot 3

Number inside (#) = Number of Accounts.
Emulator Games:
SWGEmu(1), Earth and Beyond(3): ZackeryFox## , MillyFilly## & Gooseman##

Paid/Free Subscriptions:
World of Warcraft(2), Runes of Magic(2), DDO(1)
SWG(3) up until JTL:Beta, Fiesta Online(2), Guild Wars(1),
Too bad someone never made a Asheron's Call 2(Beta:1) Emulator.
Since we'll never see a Asheron's Call(3)-Emulator until Turbine stops Supporting it.
SWTOR(1) didn't even make it a full year before becoming BORING, but goes F2P in the Fall of 2012.
Lord of the Rings Online (2:Lifetime VIP)
Posted Image

#6 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

Bear

How about if I change the command name to something else.  Something that specifically referse to the script/macro or AC Tool restarting.  Such as      MacroRestart   or  ScriptRestart.  Then you would still be able to use the word restart as you have outlined in that snippit.

What do you think?

2) Read the Release Notes, aka the README.TXT file, for any new information not in the AC Tool Help file.
5) Look at any of the script/macros posted on the forums. Use them as examples of what can be done for your game and script/macro.
6) If you are having problems, or don't know how to do something. Then search the AC Tool Support Forums.
7) If you still need help. Then post a new topic with complete detailed information, about what you are trying to do. And what is happening in the script/macro. Plz include your script/macro as outlined in the FAQ.

If you do not read the Help file or the readme.txt file. Then you will not learn how to create a script/macro.

If you do not search the forums. Then you will never now about the answer to your question/problem, that more than likely already exists.

If you do not post complete detailed information, with script/macro, as per the AC Tool FAQ. Then you are just wasting everyone's time.

#7 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

As long as restart is removed I would be happy.

#8 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

Will do then, and already added to my ToDo list.

#9 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Awesome as that is the one command that brought on the most contention and why it was added by Cam I will never know.

#10 The WABBIT

The WABBIT

Forum Master

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

DaMOB, I can understand why he had added it.  As I can think of several instances where having the ability to have your script restart itself it is a good idea.  But, the name that he gave it really is vage as to what it is restarting.  So, renaming it would be best, as it would still allow the command to still be present in the app for possible future use and tell the script author what it is restarting.  Yet, not interfer with certain other system commands that requires the use of that specific word to function.

#11 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Well, restart is fine in only one rare instance and that would be if the script crashed but then it could go into a death loop and that is bad sp ot would need a flag that could be checked by the code.

I saw so many script kiddies use that as a fast way to start everything over instead of programming correctly and restart does have issues besides just being a really sloppy way to achieve a programming objective.

#12 Ego

Ego

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

I would request the 'replace a string inside the macro' be changed, if possible, to allow extra lines to be added,

e.g. 

Find What:

leftclick

Replace With:

leftmousedown

delay .2 sec

leftmouseup

I ask this as sometimes the leftclick needs to be slower, as the game doesn't register the leftclick, and the code waits for next input but hasn't received the leftclick

Ego is not a dirty word

#13 DaMOB

DaMOB

Lord of the Forums

• Moderators
  • 3,109 posts
  • Locationm

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

I would request the 'replace a string inside the macro' be changed, if possible, to allow extra lines to be added,

e.g. 

Find What:

leftclick

Replace With:

leftmousedown

delay .2 sec

leftmouseup

I ask this as sometimes the leftclick needs to be slower, as the game doesn't register the leftclick, and the code waits for next input but hasn't received the leftclick

Better yet, and one I have wanted for a very long time, is leftclick or leftclick DURATION.  Just leftclick by itself will do as it does now and leftclick DURATION will hold the button down for the DURATION you specified.

#14 Ego

Ego

Insane Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

That would work, I use keys {home} .3 sec now, and guess the .3 of a sec works. I could test by making the .3, 3 sec I suppose :)

Ego is not a dirty word

#15 mysticdrew

mysticdrew

Cool Newbie

• AC Tool Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:41 AM

Update color detection logic to work well with windows 10, currently it is quite slow. I will run some diagnostic tests when I get home. Comparing windows 10 vs windows 7 with aero turned off. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: [actool], [macro], [command]