Sign in to follow this  
The WABBIT

AC Tool new Feature/Command request thread.

Please post in this thread any new feature/command you would like to see add to AC Tool. Please keep any and all such requests to be something that the majority of the AC Tool coders will use on a regular basis. I am not into creating a specialized version of AC Tool for you. I have enough trouble keeping up on my own specialized version while working on the version of AC Tool generally used by others.

And Please keep all requests to something that makes since.

I pinned and locked the threads but I do not think I can lock it because you will not be able to add on to it even as the originator of the threads. Best I can do is pin them but you can try then let me know.

yeah, your right about the locking. As I am unable to do anthing in them. If only I had the ability to lock and unlock them as I needed. But, that is okay just unlock the two and I'll make requests to you about unwanted posts in them.

Remove the Command: Restart

The only reference that restart should still be a part of is the ReBootSystem command.

// filename: ReBoot.inc
Procedure GotTheBoot using Number
If $Number = 1
ReBootSystem Shutdown
End
If $Number = 2
ReBootSystem Logoff
End
If $Number = 3
ReBootSystem Restart
End
End

//Use this one to Shut the System down.
//Call GotTheBoot 1

//Use this one to Sign the Current User Off.
//Call GotTheBoot 2

//Use this one to Reboot the System.
//Call GotTheBoot 3

Bear

How about if I change the command name to something else. Something that specifically referse to the script/macro or AC Tool restarting. Such as MacroRestart or ScriptRestart. Then you would still be able to use the word restart as you have outlined in that snippit.

What do you think?

DaMOB, I can understand why he had added it. As I can think of several instances where having the ability to have your script restart itself it is a good idea. But, the name that he gave it really is vage as to what it is restarting. So, renaming it would be best, as it would still allow the command to still be present in the app for possible future use and tell the script author what it is restarting. Yet, not interfer with certain other system commands that requires the use of that specific word to function.

Well, restart is fine in only one rare instance and that would be if the script crashed but then it could go into a death loop and that is bad sp ot would need a flag that could be checked by the code.

I saw so many script kiddies use that as a fast way to start everything over instead of programming correctly and restart does have issues besides just being a really sloppy way to achieve a programming objective.

I would request the 'replace a string inside the macro' be changed, if possible, to allow extra lines to be added,

e.g.

Find What:

leftclick

Replace With:

leftmousedown

delay .2 sec

leftmouseup

I ask this as sometimes the leftclick needs to be slower, as the game doesn't register the leftclick, and the code waits for next input but hasn't received the leftclick

I would request the 'replace a string inside the macro' be changed, if possible, to allow extra lines to be added,

e.g.

Find What:

leftclick

Replace With:

leftmousedown

delay .2 sec

leftmouseup

I ask this as sometimes the leftclick needs to be slower, as the game doesn't register the leftclick, and the code waits for next input but hasn't received the leftclick

Better yet, and one I have wanted for a very long time, is leftclick or leftclick DURATION. Just leftclick by itself will do as it does now and leftclick DURATION will hold the button down for the DURATION you specified.

That would work, I use keys {home} .3 sec now, and guess the .3 of a sec works. I could test by making the .3, 3 sec I suppose :)

Update color detection logic to work well with windows 10, currently it is quite slow. I will run some diagnostic tests when I get home. Comparing windows 10 vs windows 7 with aero turned off.