AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crazyd

Create File to write / read multiple information.

This started out by an issue I'm having:

I got an interesting question... So I can't use the macro to reload EnB because then it uses new Starbase Reset base - 0 is no longer 0... however I can launch and quit EnB if the game crashes. Now how do I remotely trigger it to restart the macro once it ends properly. Use another Macro to remotely trigger starting the macro... hrm... any one have a clue?

It's got to completely stop I think in order to free up the memory hack. Then you can restart the game and Starbase Reset 0 is back to normal. I had the program detecting and know when EnB had crashed, and getting it to restart wasn't the issue.

Ok Got an idea I can use an Auto It macro to remotely start AC Tools macro triggered by a text file both can read/write.

First I needed to create a config file to load variables needed to launch the Macro again... Done

Code:

Constructs
Config =List
end

Procedure CreateConfig
ListAdd Config, $UserName
ListAdd Config, $PassWord
ListAdd Config, $NumRuns
ListSave Config, $PathandFileName
End
Procedure LoadConfig
ListLoad Config, $PathandFileName
SetConst $UserName = Config[1]
SetConst $PassWord = Config[2]
SetConst $NumRuns = Config[3]
End

The last 2 things I need to figure out are:

• I would like a way to check if a file exists without throwing an error. (Or to catch that error)
  • Next I would like a way to start or load a macro into ACTool thru Dos command.

Any help here is appreciated Thank You...

if FILEEXISTS D:\1.jpg //Use whatever path and filename you choose
timestamp Here
else
timestamp There
end

I am not sure what you are after, or trying to do, with your other question/problem.

This started out by an issue I'm having:

I got an interesting question... So I can't use the macro to reload EnB because then it uses new Starbase Reset base - 0 is no longer 0... however I can launch and quit EnB if the game crashes. Now how do I remotely trigger it to restart the macro once it ends properly. Use another Macro to remotely trigger starting the macro... hrm... any one have a clue?

At the moment AC Tool does not have that ability. You will have to use a seperate macro utility to do that. But, this feature is on my TODO list, along side that ability to stop a script from within the script itself and as well as the ability to end the script and then exit AC Tool. But, it is going to take some time, as I have to start all over again with what I have alread done. (Everying related to programming actool was on my laptop, that was stolen. :angry: ) And I had alot of new commands/features that was in the process of being completed. Oh well, just give me time.

BTW It seems that Cam has not done anything with the code I had sent to him months ago. Does anyone know what has happened to him? :huh:

It's got to completely stop I think in order to free up the memory hack. Then you can restart the game and Starbase Reset 0 is back to normal. I had the program detecting and know when EnB had crashed, and getting it to restart wasn't the issue.

Ok Got an idea I can use an Auto It macro to remotely start AC Tools macro triggered by a text file both can read/write.

First I needed to create a config file to load variables needed to launch the Macro again... Done

Code:

Constructs

Config =List

end

Procedure CreateConfig

ListAdd Config, $UserName

ListAdd Config, $PassWord

ListAdd Config, $NumRuns

ListSave Config, $PathandFileName

End

Procedure LoadConfig

ListLoad Config, $PathandFileName

SetConst $UserName = Config[1]

SetConst $PassWord = Config[2]

SetConst $NumRuns = Config[3]

End

Maybe

I'm lost as to what you are trying to do here. :huh: Maybe I'm having my blond moment... :lol:

• I would like a way to check if a file exists without throwing an error. (Or to catch that error)

DaMOB suggesting might work, but I would not know for sure. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll add it to me TODO list for added commands.

• Next I would like a way to start or load a macro into ACTool thru Dos command.

here is the command dos command you are looking for:

actool -start macro_name.mac

hope that helps you crazyd.

DaMOB suggesting might work, but I would not know for sure. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll add it to me TODO list for added commands.

Here is the command dos command you are looking for:

actool -start macro_name.mac

hope that helps you crazyd.

The DOS Command helps me a LOT!! first of all....

If you do have a 'ToDo' list... and if I could ask one thing. I really would like a @ScriptDir type command it is just so useful when reading or writing files.

Thank YOU DaMOB Works BEAUTIFUL... didn't want to upload a config file... would have seemed really tacky

And just had a thought... Script Directory somewhere I just didn't know about? I know the FIleExists wasn't in help...

Now just to get my little Applet working to start AC Tools once I create the Trigger file. I thought that would have been easier, but it seems I forgot as much about AutoIT as I did about ACTools. I did have backups of my stuff, but I lost every current version with exception of what I was currently working on and open creating that stupid thing. ** Got really tired and wouldn't quit and forgot to put a file name after delete command so it erased the entire directory.

Thank goodness I had just sent a copy to someone. Figured someone should get a laugh out of it... I certainly didn't at the time. Now I've recovered I'm much less upset at myself. Guess I got cocky I had gotten so far with my Job Run Macro.... /sigh.

The DOS Command helps me a LOT!! first of all....

If you do have a 'ToDo' list... and if I could ask one thing. I really would like a @ScriptDir type command it is just so useful when reading or writing files.

crazyd,

Could you please PM me or send email explaining to me what you had in mind for the above. Just so that I can understand it better for when I put it on my TODO list, and start working on it.

And Yes I now have a replacement laptop and have finally gotten things to were I can do some programming on ACTool. I'll be posting my current TODO list shortly. Please note that this does not include everything I originally had on it. I just cannot remember everything that was on the original one. If only some a-hole had not stolen my last laptop. :unsure: OH, well, life goes on and I'm coding again, yeah. :D

ty