AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crazyd

Another Curious Question...

Ok, forgive me I've been gone a long time and relearning AC Tools all over again. Still trying to get use to not actually typing then after an If.

So in the Earth and Beyond macro's I write we use a memory command which targets the memory and sets it to what we want. You can actually turn the character to whichever direction if you use the function properly. However there seems to be an issue, EnB game has always and continues to crash from time to time. Quite possibly one of the reasons EA let the series go instead of trying to revamp it because of the program errors.

I love the game don't get me wrong, just it is what it is and it's always been a little flakey. So basically so are the macro's due to game crashing. I can account for when and how and how to restart the game, but it seems like restarting the game with the macro once I've done the memory hack when re-launched thru any means destroys usage of the memory hack making the macro useless till the macro and game are both restarted.

I can start the game / log on, blah, blah... game locks up or whatever, end task the game and stop the macro (Cheer this time no Stop command... my last one was close, never could find out where my flaw was...).

Now the question How do I start it again?

I honestly had given up and figured I'd just manually restart it, but part of me wants a flawless macro which runs till you tell it to stop. Or the server crashes... either or :).

Any idea's I'd be grateful...

And TY once again for answering the RND question DaMob ...

Speaking of which, does anyone have any of my original macro's lying around. I'm fairly certain I posted every last one of them before I left the game. I know my AStoN7 macro has be around somewhere... I'm just really curious to see how I structured some of it... Not that I don't think I've improved since then, but I keep finding myself adding things I knew I already had in the old one.

Beta tester had the exact same issue as my last beta tester, 'It use to work, but the Map keeps opening and closing'... did you minimize it? Oh that worked... I even remember her tone of voice. 'Yeah I normally play like that, but I maximized it for some reason'. Any who, Rabbit have any? Ego said no... dang.

lol at the map issue. I noticed in some of the old 1024 macros a coder used a object check for large map and if large shrink it, I decided to use a mouse click

LOL that might have been me... I just remember having the exact same issue before. Your code has helped me, but having my old code I'd probably remember more.

So to continue my question from before, I've thought of an idea. Make a short and sweet Auto It macro which will launch my macro if it sees that a file exists or not run in the background till told not too by trigger file.

Now I need how to learn how to create and load a configure file as well as create & delete a trigger file. I know it's probably in help and I'll try to find it. BUT If someone could post a little blurb on how to write and load sample it would help. I need like 5 variables passed on and if the file doesn't exist then to create one.

Thanks

LOL that might have been me... I just remember having the exact same issue before. Your code has helped me, but having my old code I'd probably remember more.

So to continue my question from before, I've thought of an idea. Make a short and sweet Auto It macro which will launch my macro if it sees that a file exists or not run in the background till told not too by trigger file.

Now I need how to learn how to create and load a configure file as well as create & delete a trigger file. I know it's probably in help and I'll try to find it. BUT If someone could post a little blurb on how to write and load sample it would help. I need like 5 variables passed on and if the file doesn't exist then to create one.

Thanks

crazyd,

why are you posting the same thing in multiple threads? Please stop the abuse, and just post what you need in one thread. And give everyone time to respond, OK?

crazyd,

why are you posting the same thing in multiple threads? Please stop the abuse, and just post what you need in one thread. And give everyone time to respond, OK?

Sorry... was tired @ the time... and getting frustrated. I figured out almost everything.