AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crazyd

Random Numbers

Just curious to know if there is a Random generator? Just curious cause I got a Macro working, but I'd like to have a rnd(2) = 1 or 2 if 1 then else type of thing.

I don't see it in help and was wondering if one of you folks know of something. It'd just be helpful to change the selection of jobs I take in EnB.

Guess I started EnB Emulator @ wrong time cause they changed the XP for everything so none of the older macro's work.

All that needs doing is changing the objects to suit the new xp.

I suggest going them on the fly as that works worked the best for me when I coded the ones I sent you.

Yeah, but I like flavor... : ) Random numbers would be fun. I was cycling which jobs you take... so it would take all the Puck Jobs first then all the Ariel Jobs. It takes slightly more time, but if I could do it that way and then randomize which one it took first... Just having a little fun. Yes just getting them all works best if in competition, but right now I don't have much.

Oh Just a btw Thing the Starbase Reset thing had the variable on the wrong memory address. $Point = Point in direction… it was on the wrong one. I figured out how to use it to point directionally a long time ago. Now only if the Reset for sales floor wasn't in such a messed up place.

procedure sbreset using point
setmemory 00BDBB80, 0
setmemory 00BDB1C0, $point
say /starbase reset
end

===+++ Should be - This to use the point variable: +++===

Procedure SBReset using Point
setmemory 00BDBB80, $Point
setmemory 00BDB1C0, 0
say /starbase reset

End

One memory location is a reset counter the other location is a randomizer for the random resets.. Once the one is set to 0 the other acts a counter which is consistent. I know I posted all my macro's before quitting the game, but I'm not sure I ever really explained that part of the code to anyone.

Actually whoever found the memory addresses after I quit probably made that mistake and it carried on ever since. LOL Now I know why people were saying they 'Corrected' my path... cause my path was almost always a straight line. Maybe this should be documented somewhere it won't be lost.

I'm certain I explained it just not to anyone who understood what I was talking about. Sorry please don't kick me.

PS -- Yeah, just you use 10 maps instead of my method of Scrolling down... I guess it works better with EnB Emulator cause they don't all download at once. They also changed the wording on things. Thanks for the help.

PSS -- I Still want a Random command.

I really can edit the Jobs Macro's due to being a part of their creation in the first place (Code has changed, but template is the same), but Trade goods ones I have no idea how to edit that. Someone said they had it working except for the path. I need to know which one that is... because when I run it I get to the trade guy, but I look at him then he looks at me and then I guess my toon feels stupid and leaves. I may dip into it later, but the whole path thing gives me nightmares. Reminds me of before we had the memory hack of /starbase reset.

I am honestly in the memory retrieval mode right now; hopefully my memory comes back and leveling my character.

I like what I've seen so far, I've of course updated the macro a little cause I need something to do while running it.

Anyone having an idea on another Jobs terminal location I'm interested... just not one that's already busy.

Venus is a low use terminal, or was :)

As players lvl up, the common terminals will get less populated

Constants
rnd = 0
End

Procedure RANDOM using LO, HI
Compute rnd = INT(($HI - $LO + 1) * rnd(1) + $LO)
End

Call RANDOM 10,200 //could be any minimum and maximum number range you wish.

Timestamp $rnd

Venus is a low use terminal, or was :)

As players lvl up, the common terminals will get less populated

LOL yeah I found it... honestly even the one in AG is low population.... and it's a sweet level 75 Trade route. 2 sectors away and come back. 8 Plots and a Terminal... Nerf the terminals everyone goes and plays, so now I get to be one of the only ones.

Constants

rnd = 0

End

Procedure RANDOM using LO, HI

Compute rnd = INT(($HI - $LO + 1) * rnd(1) + $LO)

End

Call RANDOM 10,200 //could be any minimum and maximum number range you wish.

Timestamp $rnd

SOMG... Thank you. I guess I'm spoiled and use to having an RND command.

Oh Just a btw Thing the Starbase Reset thing had the variable on the wrong memory address. $Point = Point in direction… it was on the wrong one. I figured out how to use it to point directionally a long time ago. Now only if the Reset for sales floor wasn't in such a messed up place.

procedure sbreset using point

setmemory 00BDBB80, 0

setmemory 00BDB1C0, $point

say /starbase reset

end

===+++ Should be - This to use the point variable: +++===

Procedure SBReset using Point

setmemory 00BDBB80, $Point

setmemory 00BDB1C0, 0

say /starbase reset

End

One memory location is a reset counter the other location is a randomizer for the random resets.. Once the one is set to 0 the other acts a counter which is consistent. I know I posted all my macro's before quitting the game, but I'm not sure I ever really explained that part of the code to anyone.

Actually whoever found the memory addresses after I quit probably made that mistake and it carried on ever since. LOL Now I know why people were saying they 'Corrected' my path... cause my path was almost always a straight line. Maybe this should be documented somewhere it won't be lost.

I'm certain I explained it just not to anyone who understood what I was talking about. Sorry please don't kick me.

PS -- Yeah, just you use 10 maps instead of my method of Scrolling down... I guess it works better with EnB Emulator cause they don't all download at once. They also changed the wording on things. Thanks for the help.

This is good to know, I think I used to first way to do the starbase reset. I'll have to look at my original code from back then.

huh?

added to my TODO list.