AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cam

Forums now Moved and Updated

I have switched the forums over to another hosting site rather than my previous dedicated server to save some on expenses as I do not collect ad revenue any longer. The plus side is moving off of the old OS has allowed me to update the forums to the latest version.

If the admins/moderators have any difficult logging in or moderating the forums, please email me directly. Feel free to reply to this post with any issues or comments you have about the this change.

Cameron.

This is absolutely wonderful news.

Did you add in anything to help us with the spammers?

Sidenote: This forum seems way slower when posting.

Man, I had a hell of a time logging back in as the forums logged me out and poof. Do you think we can have a slightly larger dimensions? Old forums were 100x100 for our avatars and this one is 90x90 I think as mine is the same one but is now cut off in both directions.

I haven't added anything for the spammers but this version is supposed to be much better about it. If it remains a problem, I will see what can be configured on it.

It will be slower for a while as I am still moving my website over and my hosting company is going to move my entire account onto a faster server next week. Unfortunately you guys will have to suffer a bit till then.

Cookies may be jammed up for some people. I had to clear mine to stay logged in.

As for the icons, I am guessing they got whacked in one of the upgrades. I will see if I can set it back but I don't think that was an option.

Didn't see anything on the icons in the setup. I think it got whacked during the upgrade so you will probably have to upload it again.

I changed the spam flag to ban a member and empty their profile. Hopefully that helps a bit. I also turned on pretty much everything I could for the moderator. I don't remember if the old version had a control panel but you should see a link in the upper right now with a fairly handy panel.

Well, I looked up the info and it says my icon is 100x100 but this forum is set up for 90x90 so there, if like the other forums, has to be an admin setting for maximum icon dimensions.

So, I just clicked on my icon and it brought up my settings and it completely showed in it. This means it is a setting for the maximum allowed dimensions. Default is probably 90x90 and it needs to be bumped up (I know I had to on a couple of PhpBB systems).

My dimensions are 95px × 120px and that was the maximum on the old system as I made the icon/avatar way back when.

I played around with it but looks like the new version of the forums scales in a square and truncates excess so you will probably need to make your avatar 100x100, 120x120, etc to resolve the problem.

Not sure there is one as I think it scales the image. There is probably only a max image size now.

Well, I will have to play around with it and see what those dimensions could be.

Oh, I found something funky due to the move but the code, and possibly codebox, is funked up now and I had to reedit my post and manually change the command back to [ code ] cause it had changed it to CODE which does nothing.

Cam, you moved from Atlanta?

Interesting but I had to tell it to remove my avatar and it made it 125x125 and seems to work. :/

So, I just made the canvas 125x125 and reuploaded it and that is exactly what it is and looks better than doing what I did above.

Think we could get some themes that are darker as this bright one hurts my eyes and is a little washed out as well.

I did. I now live in Cape Coral Florida and the move has been a nice life upgrade for me.

I really like the overall changes to the look and feel of the forums with this new release. Very clean.

I noticed the ip and saw Naples and did a wtf?

The forum is very clean but themes would be nice and my eyes need it. One issue I am having is that I tell the forum to mark each section as read but it doesn't stick and my cookies were cleaned too.

I cleared my cookies and now I have to log in each time and then I get the Error mission "Oops you don't have permission to do that." just for signing in. And it seems that I click the Mark all Read. Go to a different web page come back (Sign in Again - error message again) and the post that I mark as read are not longer marked as read.

I've also nocticed there no longer being a CodeBox. Also if you edit someone elses or your own post and the post contained a section of Code, it's no longer formated when viewing the Edit it's one continus block of code. So that when you update it the previous correctly format code chuck is now a single line of code. No longer readable. :blink:/>

EDIT: No longer getting the Error message when logging in. Still not updating read threads.. Clicked on the "Mark on Read threads - Icon" to the Left of the Forum thread. Clicked Member tab up on top then back to Forum up top and all the threads that were reporting I had unread threads are still reporting unread threads even tho I clicked mark all read..

Edited by Bear

Bear, I went to my last post that had a code block and if you read above notice I had to repair it by hand. Really weird and the mark all read not working sucks as it doesn't work for me either.