AC Tool Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cam

New Forum Mods

I promoted Ahk, Bear and DaMob to forum mods to help with spammers and problem posts in the forum. Hopefully that will help weed out the problem posters. Moderators do not have access to the admin panel but they do have the ability to edit a forum member and set them so that all posts have to be approved. I ask this only be done to spammers and not to other forum members no matter how annoying or disruptive they are.

Thanks, Cam.

I promoted Ahk, Bear and DaMob to forum mods to help with spammers and problem posts in the forum. Hopefully that will help weed out the problem posters.

Thanks!!

Seeing as everyone that was on my Ignore list is already set as a Spammer, I've cleared my Ignore list.. :)

I promoted Ahk, Bear and DaMob to forum mods to help with spammers and problem posts in the forum. Hopefully that will help weed out the problem posters. Moderators do not have access to the admin panel but they do have the ability to edit a forum member and set them so that all posts have to be approved. I ask this only be done to spammers and not to other forum members no matter how annoying or disruptive they are.

Thanks, Cam.

Thank you Cam and be assured I will only use this power on the spammers.

How do I ban or delete spammers? I just deleted a bunch from yuanyiw who was still posting them for gold selling.

How do I ban or delete spammers? I just deleted a bunch from yuanyiw who was still posting them for gold selling.

I think all we're allowed to do is add the Spammer Flag in the user profile.

Rather neutered then.

The Warning Flag: Click - % to see Log, Green to lower, Red to Raise.

---

Edit

Went through the Member database. Decending/Join Date from today till Dec 09 (24 Pages). Anyone that had a funny name, or 50 profile Views. I checked. If they had no Topic or Posts but had a Post count > 0, I Increeased the Warning and flagged them "Mod Approve posts" with a Log reason of "No Post/Topic's with a Post count > 0 = Spammer".

Edited by Bear
Processed 24 pages of Members from 11/2/2010 - Dec 2009

Awesome sauce.

Cut down on the spam and they will leave but honestly the one thing a lot of people wanted Cam to implement is that new people had to be moderated first then after so many posts they would be allowed to post as a normal user. Do that and the word would spread and the spammers would leave since they aren't immediately posting and have to go through a moderation queue but Cam declined. Now that was a few years back before all the damn rice farmers showed up to peddle their ingame gold and penis pills with a sideline into golf clubs.

Seeing as a lot more spammers are posting, really starting to bug me, and Bear and DaMob are on as much as I am

any chance of asking Cam again to allow a new poster to be moderated before allowing open access?

I knew trolling for long enough would find a post on damn spammers and not having a strong enough vetting system for new posters :)

I scan the system once a day (sometimes a lot more) and when I see spam I log in and do what I have to do but we seem to have a slightly higher than normal spammer login as of late I do agree.

Cam does scan the system so maybe he will see this and add it but I really can't say if he will or not.

I keep deleting them but I am noticing that most of them are in this first section only. Tells me they are automated, and maybe a dead first section (with mod approval only) would stop these types of bots.

Seems that way. Some get into the section where I post the EnB treads now and then. Wonder if Cam will add one of those fancy 'type the letters on the fly' to become a member

or on some websites you must do the math before continuing

I see most in your early morning as I'm across the pond on +9.5 timezone, would love to delete them myself, but I am patient, I know you or Bear will get them :)

Seems that way. Some get into the section where I post the EnB treads now and then. Wonder if Cam will add one of those fancy 'type the letters on the fly' to become a member

or on some websites you must do the math before continuing

I see most in your early morning as I'm across the pond on +9.5 timezone, would love to delete them myself, but I am patient, I know you or Bear will get them :)

I must have grabbed 6-10 different accounts last week all spamming. It really is increasing.

Yea, been checking every day instead of a few times a week

Hope it stays this way